If there is no link to the full text for any given article cited in a database, click on thebutton.
A new window will open (illustrated below) that will provide you with the following options:
- If there is a link to full text, you gan get the full article immediately.
- If the full text is not availble, you need to check the library catalog to see if we have a print copy.
- If we have neither full text nor a print copy, you can request the article using ILLiad Interlibrary Loan. The article usually appears in your ILLiad account in a matter of days. The library is unable to fulfill Illiad requests for items that we own in print.
The following examples illustrate how to interpret Library Catalog searches for journal titles:
- If the item is not available full text, use the option to search the NIEU Library Catalog for the journal title, and verify that we have the particular issue that you need. In this example, the article is available in the library in print (the journals and photocopy machines are on the 2nd floor). If we do not have the specific issue you need, submit an ILLiad Interlibrary Loan request.
- If the item is not available online or in print (as in this example), then you may submit an Illiad Interlibrary Loan request for an electronic copy (First-time users need to register their accounts).**